Saturday 25 July 2009

Peacocks and inspiration


Just dropping in to say I shall be updating the blog in a couple of days. I have been away on a weeks drawing and painting course set in fabulous gardens with peacocks parading in their majesty. The roof of the studio is glass and you can be completely lost in concentration and suddenly there is a great thump and a peacock patrols back and forth above us causing great distraction. They are beautiful and can be forgiven for their incessant loud cries from dawn to dusk.
I have always found that my painting, which takes so much concentration at the time, then frees up the ideas for my current writing to come rushing in. I therefore return home with a batch of paintings and sketches with frantic scribblings for some new Loveday action on the back. The last couple of days I have been catching up with answering emails and making sense of my scrawlings to insert into the plotline.
The school summer holidays have started and as we live only a short walk from the beach we returned to find phone messages from two sets of relatives asking to descend on us for two days in the week. One cousin from Montana I have not seen for several years so I am looking forward to it. I have been writing furiously all day on the new book. I clearly produce more when working to a tight schedule. The paperback proofs arrive next week for checking for The Loveday Conspiracy. That lot should keep me out of mischief.

No comments: