Marilyn asked several questions on my last post. I'll answer them in stages so that other readers can also give feed back.
Kate, since you were so kind to ask, here are some questions that I'd love to have answered -- either in your upcoming JUST FOR YOU section or in this blog:
1. Did you have formal training as a writer? If so, what was it?
Ans. I did attend a creative writing workshop to learn the techniques and get what help I could. I also then joined the Romantic Novelists Association where it was possible to meet agents and editors and also hear them give talks and I also attended writing conferences. It can be a slow process getting published. A novel will take about a year to write and that does not guarantee success. My fourth novel was published.
2. Please tell about your experience when your very *first* book was published.
Ans. I still feel the same every time a new novel of mine is published. It is always a great thrill.
3. Which Loveday character is most like you? Ans. Senara
4. For your Loveday characters, do you draw on the nature of your friends? your family?
Ans. That could be a good way of losing family and friends . I shall put more of this in the Just For You section in the paperback of The Loveday Conspiracy.
5. So much happens to each Loveday character. How do you keep it all straight in your mind over so many years?
Ans. I have a head for trivia and after a year of writing about a particular family drama it tends to stick in my mind. I constantly have to recheck historical facts.
More later - Best wishes Kate